Skip to main content

S'mores Frappuccino DIY

Tonight I made my first attempt at crafting my own version of the S'mores Frappuccino from Starbucks.

I love the S'mores Frappuccino. In the last week, I might've had like 3 of them. Maybe more than that. But the problem is that they're so expensive when you get them at Starbucks. A small cost me about $5 and was gone in minutes.

So what does someone do when they want something but they can't afford to keep buying it? We make it ourselves!

The recipe came from the following video, and I have to say, it tastes just like the one from Starbucks. Though personally, I think I could've let mine freeze a little longer and maybe added more milk. But hey, that's what trial and error are for!



Here's my first attempt!


Popular posts from this blog

A Rainy Day Spent in Bed

When I woke up this morning I didn't think I was going to go downhill so quickly. But that's how life goes, isn't it? We never know what each day will bring.

Last night I had an impossible time sleeping. By the time I did get to sleep it was well past 6 A.M. and I had to get up by at least 11 to get to work on time. The thing that finally helped was listening to my Silent Hill 3 soundtrack on my headphones and sleeping on the couch. I slept until the sun came in through my living room window and made it impossible to stay. Then I gathered up my iPod and the big fan I brought with me from the bedroom, crawled into bed with my husband, and proceeded to sleep for another two hours.

Two hours which, by the way, was spent in a horrible nightmare that snakes were everywhere and crawling in through my pant leg and up my sleeves. I literally jerked awake.

During the night Danny told me I probably shouldn't go to work today. I was too tired and he noticed during the several tim…

Product Review: Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy

I came across these products by accident, to be honest. I bought one for my best friend as a joke because she's always moving (works two jobs, takes care of her household, and I think she just recently had a baby around this time. Or maybe her baby was a year old. I can't remember exactly), and because of that she was always exhausted. In hindsight it wasn't a hilarious joke, but the one I bought her was "Energy," and was orange ginger scented. She found it funny and used it on her birthday when she took a celebratory bubble bath. Turns out, she really enjoyed it. 
I'm not about to sit here and tell you that the Aromatherapy stuff from Bath and Body Works is a magic cure for what ails ya. I'm not a believer in healing crystals or any of that sort of thing. I'm not about to use alternative medicine to cure serious diseases that need proper doctors and hospitals to take care of. But, that being said, I think the Aromatherapy products are good for if you…

The Importance of Relaxing

I'm a workaholic.

I'm just going to get that out of the way right now. I work as much as I can, and when I'm not working I'm either thinking about working or I'm feeling bad for not working. To me, every minute not working is a minute thats not being used productively. I've gotten better about it recently, but I still feel twinges of unease whenever I'm just laying around watching television instead of sitting in front of the computer working on a book.

Danny and my friends are always telling me it's okay to relax, especially when I'm not feeling well, and they're right. Forcing myself to work nonstop often ends up with me writing something subpar that I'm just going to have to change later anyway.

For all the other people out there like me, who are obsessed with making every minute count towards your work, it really is okay to take a few days to relax and do other things. When you do go back to your work you're probably going to be more…