A Rainy Day Spent in Bed

When I woke up this morning I didn't think I was going to go downhill so quickly. But that's how life goes, isn't it? We never know what each day will bring.

Last night I had an impossible time sleeping. By the time I did get to sleep it was well past 6 A.M. and I had to get up by at least 11 to get to work on time. The thing that finally helped was listening to my Silent Hill 3 soundtrack on my headphones and sleeping on the couch. I slept until the sun came in through my living room window and made it impossible to stay. Then I gathered up my iPod and the big fan I brought with me from the bedroom, crawled into bed with my husband, and proceeded to sleep for another two hours.

Two hours which, by the way, was spent in a horrible nightmare that snakes were everywhere and crawling in through my pant leg and up my sleeves. I literally jerked awake.

During the night Danny told me I probably shouldn't go to work today. I was too tired and he noticed during the several times I got out of bed that I was starting to sound stuffed up. Not a big surprise, since half my coworkers are sick and one of them literally coughed on me the other day.

But I was stubborn. When I woke up that last time I thought maybe I could muddle through my shift and then when I got home could sleep to my heart's content. After all, this isn't the first time I struggled to sleep the night before I had to go to work.

I ended up staying at work for 30 minutes before asking to go home sick.

You see, right before I went in I took 3 Pamperin pain killers to help me with my cramps. All three were downed in less than an hour. I don't know why I thought that was a good idea. Let's just blame the sleeplessness and move on. The point is that by the time I got to my station and started working, I felt like I was either going to faint or throw up. I could barely focus, couldn't stand all the noise around me (and I work in a very noisy place), and wanted no part in any of the conversations I kept getting roped into.

When at last I couldn't take it anymore I came home, changed into my Batman PJs, and went to sleep.

It's been raining pretty much all day, which worked out great for me because I've been condemned to the sofa for the rest of the night. So I guess the blog title "A Rainy Day Spent in Bed" is misleading, but sounds a whole lot better than "A Rainy Day Spent on the Sofa." 

Last night I bought the PS4 remake of Okage: Shadow King, a game which an ex-friend of mine used to play when we were kids and I spent my life trying to remember what the goddamn title was. I played a little bit of it last night before I "went to bed" (And I use that phrase loosely since that implies that I slept and I didn't) but played most of it today while I was trying to recoup. 

Right now I think I have a fever, and Danny told me to just relax on the couch for the rest of the night. I'm happy to oblige since I feel like death. I'm almost too tired to do anything but lay down and stare blankly at the television. But I might try to do a little reading. Maybe I'll pick Okage back up again. Or maybe I'll take another nap. Who knows? Frankly, right now I couldn't give a damn.